Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sleep

Isn't it funny how inspiration hits when you least expect it? I've been struggling with what to write for the past week, in between life and laundry I feel like I'm struggling to find my voice. And then at 4am I hear a tiny one. "Mommy - I have to go pee pee." So potty we go. Back to bed, although now I'm composing a mental to-do list in my head.

"Momma!!" "Momma!" I jump out of bed and go running to Weesie's room. "I want an apple," comes through tear-filled sobs. "It's to early for an apple, go back to bed," I tell her as I lovingly stroke her little head. Back to my bedroom I go. "What was that about," comes a voice from the other side of the bed. "She wanted an apple." He laughs. I don't.

Pitter, patter. Pitter, patter. It's the oldest again. "Mommy, I need to pee pee again." Dear lord, we may need to see a doctor. Mid-potty break, the sounds of screaming come from the little one's room yet again. "Go back to sleep baby, it's to early to get up." "But Momma, I want a granola bar." (I'm glad she's at least asking for healthy snacks :) "When you wake up honey."

Then I hear that squeaky voice again. "Mommy, what's wrong with my sister?" "She wanted a granola bar." She smiles and goes back to bed. Last ditch effort, it's 4:40, I can get one more hour of sleep in. "Momma!! I want some water!" It's a compromise, I bring her the water.

5am. All is quiet. I wish I knew what my husband took at night that immobilizes his legs and keeps him snug in bed from the hours of 11pm-6am. And I really want to be annoyed with the fact that my day has begun earlier than expected but now I laugh. Because its funny. And I remember something I saw posted on facebook the other day.

No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they had plenty of sleep

Ain't that the truth :) Time to make some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment